5.12.04

AVOIDANCE

TITLE: AVOIDANCE
TAMBUCHO TALE #: 2
DESTINATION: BACLARAN
TRT: 20 MINS.

In my attempt to watch my wallet, I decided to ditch my FX/van rides to Baclaran for awhile and settle on jeepney that night. (FX/van = PhP25 or PhP30, depending on the driver; jeepney = PhP14 or PhP15, depending on the driver.) Recently, I'm getting weary of drivers reacting negatively to my PhP20 bill-and-PhP5-coin combo.

And so I hailed the first Baclaran-bound jeepney that came my way. Little did I know he has a make-her-say-keep-the-change tactic of his own.

At first, his glimpses on the mirror was tolerable. Maybe I looked attractive enough that time, with my damp hair being blown dry by polluted air and all that. When I was about to open my mouth and ask for my change, which I have a penchant of doing whenever somebody gets off so I could have his and other passengers' attention, when he gave me a piercing stare and a heart-stopping wink.

Ewww.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home