15.5.05

CRUELTY

TITLE: CRUELTY
TAMBUCHO TALE #: 10
DESTINATION: BACLARAN
TRT: 30 MINS.

The jeepney came into a halt. Nobody hopped off.

All eyes were on a trembling guy. Epileptic? I can't tell.

The driver started the engine again. Maybe to bring the poor guy and his helpless kid to the nearest hospital.

The woman beside me concluded the man is suffering from a heat stroke attack. It's understandable; the sun has been unforgivingly scorching for the past weeks. Sleeping for graveyard girls like me is like lying in a tanning bed. Except that I don't end up having a bronzed look.

The woman asked her husband to give away their bottle of ice cold mineral water. Then she instructed the victim's son to pour the water to his father's nape and have him drink the water when he's already conscious and capable of speech.

At the same time, a couple of religious women started praying for his quick recovery aloud.

When we reached Baclaran, he still resembles a possessed man. The other passengers decided it is best if they spend a few minutes inside an airconditioned establishment, say Dunkin Donuts, for awhile.

I wish I had the luxury of time to be helpful. But I reeeeeally had to dash. I'm late for work.

Since then, I made sure to bring a bottle of water or the highly celebrated C2 Green Tea while commuting. Obey your thirst, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home