30.5.05

MISMATCH

TITLE: MISMATCH
TAMBUCHO TALE #: 11
DESTINATION: BACLARAN
TRT: 35 MINS.

I have never been that confident about my mathematical skill in my entire life until that night.

In the dark, I groped for a paper bill and passed it to the driver. The woman beside me did the same. Then the driver gave me my change of PhP70. When he didn't provide the same amount for the other woman immediately, I deducted he has no sufficient change yet.

And so the woman asked for her change at last.

The driver argued he has given her change. Of course, she fired back the change was for me and she needed her own. When he started accusing her of paying only PhP20 for the fare, I butted in. I admitted it was my mistake and reached for my wallet to fish for the PhP100 bill. I specifically asked him to give my PhP20 back. But the woman's voice was louder than mine; she's demanding him to give his change before she drops off. The driver subsequently surrendered, saying he has no change. The woman seemed unwilling to take it back since it might be "peyk".

Before I call it a ride, I asked the driver again for my PhP20. Since he was too slow to understand why I deserve it, I explained the whole thing. The annoying woman is gone so I have evrybody's attention this time. I could feel their admiration for my being composed in handling this ordeal.

My payment: 20 + 100 = 120 - 70 (change) = 50.
50 BUCKS FOR A RIDE?! THAT'S NUTS!!!

And so was he. I ended up blurting "Fine!" and walking away.

Grrrr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home