12.6.05

SCAPEGOAT

TITLE: SCAPEGOAT
TAMBUCHO TALE #: 12
DESTINATION: AYALA AVE.
TRT: 10 MINS.

The jeepney came to a stop in Paseo. My old building and its memories stole my consciousness for a few minutes.

The driver's angry voice brought me back to the stinking reality. "Bawal loading dito! P150 ang singil sa'kin pag nahuli ako!" Apparently, two working girls made an illegal entry to his turf.

Both assured him they made sure no uniformed man saw them. But the driver remained unwelcoming. "Bawal loading dito! Doon sa kabila!"

One of them said, "P150 per person ba? Kami na lang magbabayad,"

I did the math. In case they get caught, they'd pay the penalty fee of PhP150 + fare of P5.50. Her willingness to spend for a jeepney ride impresses me! Better yet, her optimism impresses me.

When the traffic light turned green, the driver remained immobile and, when the girls still refused to budge, yelled at the officer that he has passengers who hopped in and refused to leave in spite of his warnings.

The officer appeared indifferent, in fact I doubt if he heard the driver, yet the girls hurriedly climbed down.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hаve you ever thought аbout writing an e-book
or guest authoring on othеr websiteѕ? I have a blοg centered on the same subjects you discusѕ and would really like to
hаve you share ѕome stories/infοrmation.

I knoω my vіsitorѕ would value yοur work.
If уou aгe even remotеly inteгеsted, feеl free tο shoot me an email.


Feel free to surf to my homeρagе - coppell tx taxi service

 
At 9:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is absolutely no question that events are a huge part of college lifestyle, only one thing that every university student should comprehend is that a lot of partying is specifically correlated to bad levels. Remember that all things are wonderful IN MODERATION. Attempt to avoid hanging out 5 night time every week and getting to sleep it away through the times. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Pro232rgram[/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home