16.8.10

LANDMARKS

TITLE: LANDMARKS
TAMBUCHO TALE #: 28
DESTINATION: TALABA
TRT: 20 MINS

An innocent-looking high school kid interrupted my usual Monday reveries, inquiring what's our exact location. The name of the baranggay we were in momentarily escaped me and, forgive me for saying this, I blurted out, "Nalimutan ko ang title ng lugar na ito,". When my memory finally made a comeback, I told him we're then in Aniban. His follow-up question went, "Dadaan ba tayo ng Kalinisan Road?" I said yes, we're just a couple of minutes away.

When I can already see the popular establishments in Zapote Kalinisan like Jollibee and 7-Eleven, I called his attention and pointed to Zapote Kalinisan. He was immediately thankful. Then, he asked for Zapote Kabila. I explained he can take a jeep on the right side to reach Zapote Kabila. When he name-dropped Sogo and asked for the road that leads to Las Piñas, I got confused. Sogo is in Zapote Kalinisan, it's behind 7-Eleven. The road that leads to Las Piñas, however, is Zapote Kabila. He attempted to name more establishments but he seemed to be fixated with Sogo. This, in my opinion, is quite alarming to hear from a high school kid.


Photo credit: Chicken Mafia

Anyway, he took my advice and took a jeep to Alabang to go to Zapote Kabila. When I passed by Sogo (en route to Talaba), I can't help but wonder if there were any Sogo in Zapote Kabila. I'm not really in the know when it comes to motels, you know.

For the first-timers in the south, trying to locate Zapote Kabila may get confusing. If you're in the Kalinisan area, Zapote Kabila calls for a crawl along the public market to the overpass; it is the road that leads to both sides of Las Piñas (1. Bamboo Organ to Kabihasnan & 2. Pamplona to SouthMall to Alabang). Now, if you're in THAT area, Zapote Kabila is on the other side; the one that leads to Cavite. Weird, I know.

8 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Where every day is Valentine's Day"? I know nothing about this place, but that tagline screams sleaze. Does this place rent by the hour? LOL!

-Larry

 
At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned something from you today! :* I never knew about the differences of the two Zapotes. LOL! - Fris

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger lornadahl said...

Larry, it's a motel. I'm not sure if they rent by the hour, I think the minimum is 4 hours. :))

Fris, yeah, I try to impart knowledge once in a while. :D

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger lornadahl said...

Larry, it's a motel. I'm not sure if they rent by the hour, I think the minimum is 4 hours. :))

Fris, yeah, I try to impart knowledge once in a while. :D

 
At 4:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Four hours? In case you wanna go back for seconds, I guess. LOL

-Larry

 
At 4:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day. Do you know any hotels/inns with their contact nos. in Dasmarinas, Cavite? I'm looking for a nice and affordable place to stay for our upcoming Psych Convention at DLSU-Dasma this last week of November 2010. Thanks, and God bless. :)

-Josef, college student

 
At 8:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, thanks for that info. Been living in Cavite [and near Molino ha] for nearly 8 years and yet ngayon ko lang na-gets kung ano yung Zapote Kabila.

 
At 6:48 AM , Blogger lornadahl said...

Josef, I'm sorry for the delay. I just read your comment. Did you get to find any inns?

Anonymous, I'm happy to share such vital information. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home