28.1.11

BUS BLAST

TITLE: BUS BLAST
TAMBUCHO TALE #: 35
DESTINATION: AYALA AVE.
TRT: 40 MINS.

As if last year's hostage drama that catapulted the entire nation to worldwide scrutiny and the parade of carjacking-related murders that started this year were not enough, here comes the recent bus blast that claimed 4 innocent lives. And the world laments in unison, "Scary times!"


Photo from The Peninsula.

See, I know what it's like to be too traumatized to use public transport after what I have endured before. But it really crushed me to hear fellow Filipinos react that they're hesitant to come back to the inevitable carnage that awaits them here or they do not want to take a bus again for potential bombings, the cabs for potential hold-ups or overcharging hell, the MRT for its price hike and the likes.

That night, I took a bus. As I have affirmed here, I believe in the kindness among us. And I prayed for the departed souls, the loved ones they left behind, the survivors whose lives will be forever marred by this terrorist act, for the authorities to remain fueled in their investigation, for the entire nation to heal and, lastly, for the mastermind/s and the henchmen.

You may argue it's easy for me to say, considering I have no lost limbs nor loved ones resulting to this violent act. But that's exactly how I managed to lift my hands and offer a prayer. And that's exactly why I'm blogging about this, I wish to encourage everyone to do the same. I wish for us to heal.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edward Burke


I also hope we would join hands and act on the survivors' needs and plot preventive measures for everybody's security. Let's not tolerate the explosion, let's not let the suspects get away with this and let's not blame the government for their struggle to solve it. There's something we can do somewhere. Let's do our part.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:46 AM , Blogger Kat said...

It is scary. You know how everytime you go out, sasabihan ka ng "Ingat!" Reality is that even you're the most careful person, the accident can be caused by someone else. :(

It's disturbing that this was not an accident at all. Sometimes, you just want to stay home.

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger lornadahl said...

Scary and alarming indeed. I'm really thinking of ways on how to serve.

 
At 2:52 AM , Anonymous Fristine said...

I totally agree. Each one of us can do something, we can't just shake our heads and hope no one gets hurt.

How do we get past this? It really starts with our bent knees and hands up in the air.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home