23.1.11

OPLAN ISNABERONG TAXI

TITLE: OPLAN ISNABERONG TAXI
TAMBUCHO TALE #: 34
DESTINATION: VALERO, MAKATI
TRT: 15 MINUTES

Hearing about Oplan Isnabero was a relief. At last, passengers have the power to get back at the choosy cabbies! I'm rubbing my hands together in Satanic glee here.

Commuting to work during the New Year's eve proved to be difficult. My usual one-bus-ride-to-work route had to reconsidered; Erjohn & Almark buses seemed to observe the holidays. When I reached Baclaran, I went looking for a cab. And so did about 20 more passengers. The competition was stiff!

The first cabbie was fully aware of how he can take advantage of the situation. He charged me P100 for a ride to Valero, Makati that typically cost me around P80. He declined to use the meter, too. What a jerk!

After a couple more minutes of waiting, an angel appeared in front of me and readily nodded when I declared my destination. Inexplicably happy for this, I even initiated a small talk and admired his intention to welcome 2011 with his family then go back on his hunt for passengers during the wee hours. He foresaw a great number of party-goers and call center employees that would need a ride home.

While we were engaged in this conversation, I sent my complaint against the former cabbie to the hotline. I sent this message:

Hi, I would like to report TXH 162. The cab driver charged P100 for a ride from Baclaran to Valero, Makati. He refused to use the meter.


When I arrived safely in front of my office building, I paid him P150 for a ride that only amounted to P90. He seemed shocked for this random act of generosity and I know I felt doubly happier than he did. Should the hotline be limited to complaints alone? I wasn't sure but I went ahead and sent them a kudos message that said:

Hi, I would like to commend the TWW 401 cabbie. He didn't set the cost for the ride. Thank you.


Sadly, I did NOT receive any confirmatory message stating they will reprimand the concerned cabbie and/or clarify they do not accept commendations. I'm crossing my fingers they would take time to do so.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home